The All-Russian National Special Olympics Floorball and Unified Floorball Competitions were held as part of test events in the build-up to the Special Olympics World Winter Games 2022: they helped to test Kazan's readiness to host the upcoming international event.
The competitions brought together 150 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners.
The venue was commissioned in 2016 on the premises of the Kazan Tennis Academy. At present, it is run by the Volga Region State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism.
- Total floor area: over 3,000 sq.m.
- Spectator capacity: 300 people
Address: 99 Orenburgsky Trakt, Kazan
How to get:
- Universiade Village (Akademika Parina St.): Bus № 47, Trolleybus № 8
- Yuzhnaya stop: Buses № 4, 22, 33, 34, 37, 45, 55
- Solnechny Gorod stop: Tramway № 5
Upon successful registration in the system, each participant got a personalized badge that provided access to venues and services of the Event in accordance with performed functions. A badge was the only official identification document for the period of the Event.
- Due to the threat of the coronavirus spread, admission to the venue was in masks only, which should also have been worn throughout the event.
- The organisers addressed athletes parents with a kind request to keep social distancing, including at the stands with a seating arranged with every other seat left spare.
- Temperature was taken at the entry to the venue.