General information on utilizing REFs during the Special Olympics World Winter Games Kazan 2023
ANO “Directorate for Sports and Social Projects” (hereinafter referred to as the “Directorate”‘) in cooperation with the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) under corresponding joint agreements and adopted documents manages the radio frequency spectrum and REFs in the territory of Kazan and adjacent regions of the Republic of Tatarstan (Tatarstan) in the lead-up to and during the Special Olympics World Winter Games Kazan 2023.
Games organizer in Kazan – Directorate – takes additional measures to restrict the utilization of REFs at the Games venues aimed at ensuring clear-communication use of the radio frequency spectrum for the benefit of staging the Games.
To obtain the REFs admission to the Games venues, each REFs user, except for those specified in the list of REFs operated with no restrictions (hereinafter referred to as the “List”), must obtain in a mandatory manner a radio frequency authorization (hereinafter referred to as the “RFA”) for civil REFs and register REFs in a local Roskomnadzor authority.
REFs marking is not envisaged. Roskomnadzor staff will conduct works on radio control during the events at the Games venues.
The list of REFs includes a wide range of wireless all-purpose devices.
REFs types, which necessarily require obtaining the RFA and admission to the Games venues
- wireless lines of a fixed communication
- wireless lines of mobile communication
- mobile stations of satellite communication
- news reporting stations of satellite communication
- overland mobile radio stations, portable walkie-talkies
- wireless video cameras
- wireless ear monitors
- translation systems
- telemetry and telecontrol systems
- wireless microphone
- points of broadband wireless radio access
List of REFs operated without restrictions (The List is subject to changes (updates). All information will be published at the website):
- subscriber stations of mobile operators (incl. cell/mobile phones)
- acoustical radio devices for hearing-impaired people
- devices of security radio signaling for cars
- subscriber Wi-Fi equipment, including embedded units
- radio electronic Bluetooth equipment, including embedded ones
The abovementioned REFs do not require RFA and may be utilized at all Games venues in Kazan with no restrictions (unless otherwise stipulated by the certain venue attendance rules).